chris bell

Thursday 17 November 2011

Explaining to a Martian

The brief asked us to create a piece of infographics for a Martian to understand. From the list of subjects, I decided to focus on a hair dryer. I started the project by drawing simple human figures, I used the far right characters for my project.
.
After decided on my characters, I started drawing very simple layouts and ideas.
For the next stage, I upped the level and detail within the designs. By doing this, I got a few ideas to start developing. My early ideas all included lots of arrows which I thought were taking the attention away from the images. At the bottom of the page, I have started using different ways of showing which direction to go in.
I continued developing an idea, and started to add in colour. I needed a way of showing the passing of time whilst the hair dryer is on. I choose to use a blue and orange to show the heat of the dryer building up, I have also used a rising sun to show the morning passing.


When I reached this stage, I felt the layout wasn't working as well as it could. At the bottom of this page, I have started to follow a different composition.

I felt that this was looking a lot better, and by using colour, I decided on my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment